PTS/NRP Forms (Aylmer Minor Hockey Association)

PrintPTS/NRP Forms

Permission to Skate Forms - AMHA

(OMHA PTS for AAA and Junior Teams)

Please note that Permission to Skate Form requests are not permitted until OMHA have released the forms. The date changes every year. AMHA will notify parents when PTS forms are activated by OMHA and when form requests can start. 

The Ontario Minor Hockey Association (OMHA) requires that every player trying out for a AAA team obtain a Permission to Skate (PTS) form from their home centre prior to stepping on the ice.  In order to receive a PTS form from the Aylmer Minor Hockey Association (AMHA) a player must be a resident of Aylmer.  Please note that a permission to skate form is not a player release nor is it an OHF AAA Waiver form.

The AMHA can only provide a PTS form for the Elgin-Middlesex Canucks.  We cannot provide a PTS form for any other AAA Zone. If a player is cut from Elgin-Middlesex Canucks, they can request an OHF AAA Waiver form from Elgin-Middlesex Canucks to allow them to tryout with an adjoining AAA zone. 

For Junior PTS, if a player played on a AAA team this past season, request Junior PTS from the AAA association. If a player played for their home centre (Aylmer), then a Junior PTS form must be filled out by their home centre (Aylmer). 

You must complete the online form request provided by AMHA in order to receive your paperwork found on the AMHA website. THIS WILL NOT BECOME LIVE UNTIL OMHA RELEASE THE NEXT SEASON FORMS!!!!!

Include the following information in your request. You will not get a response back from AMHA until you have included all the following in your request.

  1. Player name

  2. Player date of birth

  3. Address

  4. Resident since - List the date

  5. Home Association (AMHA)

  6. Home AAA zone (Elgin-Middlesex)

  7. Previous Season Team

  8. What team is player trying out for? (Ex. Elgin-Middlesex Canucks U11)

Non-Residential Player Passport (NRP) Request - AMHA

For those AMHA registered players, U12 (minor Peewee) and above, that are interested in trying out for AA or AA hockey, they can choose 1 level (either A or AA), and 1 centre to have a Non-Residential Player Passport (NRP) to attend these tryouts. Only 1 NRP form will be granted to each requesting player.

If a player has a tryout with a AA or A team and they are not offered a spot, they return back to AMHA. They cannot try out for another AA or A team for the current season.

NRP request forms will become live each year once OMHA releases them. Requests are not to be made until AMHA has notified its parents that these forms are ready. Similar to the PTS process, parents complete the online form found on the AMHA website for NRP requests and will be contacted when they are ready.

Please note, NRP forms are no longer paper. Everything is completed online and sent immediately to the association each player is trying out for. Ensure you have proper email addresses, otherwise the association will not receive it and your player will be ineligible to try out. 

Once you have applied for the NRP form through our AMHA website, you should receive an email directly from OMHA indicating your NRP Player Passport has been approved (may take a few days for this to happen). You will then need to upload that directly to your player's Hockey Canada Registry account. 


Who is eligible for an Non-Resident Player (NRP) Passport?
Any players registered in their home centre that are U12 (Minor Peewee) aged (11 years old) or older as at December 31st of the current playing season are eligible to receive a NRP to a centre with a different base category. 

How does a player determine which centre he is eligible to tryout for?

The player is eligible to tryout in any centre of a different base category, that is accepting NRPs.

Can players from one “A” centre tryout in another “A” centre?
No, all players from an 'A' centre can only tryout for a  team rated higher than their own.

Can a player obtain more than one passport?

No. A player may only receive a single passport.

If a player is selected for the team above his centre, does this mean he is permanently a member of the new centre?
No.  The NRP process is good for a single season only. 
All players interested in trying out for centres above their home category must go through the process every year.

Can a player attend a tryout for a AA or A centre outside of their own without obtaining a NRP?

No.  The only way players can tryout in another centre is by obtaining an NRP Passport from their home centre.